Required: Bachelors Degree
Preferred: Masters Degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, or related field
- One year of experience as a Residence Director or graduate Residence Director
- One year of experience supervising Resident Assistants
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and e-mail systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Two or more years of full-time experience as a Residence Director directly supervising live-in Resident Assistants
- Experience in professional staff on-call duty rotation
- Direct experience as a student judicial hearing officer adjudicating college/university policy violations
- Direct experience advising hall government
- Budget experience
- Experience with an occupancy management system or StarRez
Benefits & Remuneration
Bachelors Degree: $32,000
Masters Degree: $34,000
- Fully-furnished, one or two bedroom apartment in the residence hall. Each apartment has a 42-inch LCD HDTV provided. Apartments are air-conditioned and include a washer and dryer. Utilities, basic cable, internet access and maintenance are all included. Examples of current RD apartments are shown below.
- Free meals in residence hall dining services during contract period when halls are open (including free meals for spouse and children).
- Professional development opportunities.
The University's flexible benefits program, offers faculty and staff the opportunity to tailor the benefits (listed below) to meet their individual needs.
- Health Insurance* (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
- Dental Insurance*
- Eye Insurance*, Health*, dental, and eye insurance all include self/spouse/family options
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Reimbursement accounts (use of pre-tax dollars for specified health and dependent care expenses)
- Dependent life insurance
- TIAA-CREF and Fidelity retirement (employment time and age may impose restrictions as to when you are eligible to participate in this program)
- Up to 15 hours total paid tuition per year after completion of one semester of employment for employee, spouse, or dependents
- Vacation (one day earned per month in addition to paid university holidays)
- Sick leave (one day earned per month)
*Note - Health, dental, and eye insurance all include self/spouse/family options
UNL is an AA/EOE and ADA/504 employer. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate in its academic, employment, or admissions programs