Residence Hall Sign Up

While there aren’t deadlines for submitting a housing contract, all completed contracts will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once a contract is signed, it’s a legally binding document and is subject to cancellation fees. If, for example, a student decides to live in a fraternity or sorority after signing a contract, or if anticipated financial aid isn’t granted, etc., cancellation fees will still apply.
Review billing rates for rooms in the residence halls.
Review Learning Community options.
Ensure all of your information (i.e. address, email, phone, date of birth, etc.) is up-to-date and correct in MyRed.
Specific halls and room types aren’t guaranteed. Make sure to have multiple hall options in mind. Review living options available at the university.
Students can request one roommate, if space is available.

New Meal Plan Options

We're pleased to offer new meal plans, providing flexibility for both first year and upperclass students. Compare plans to find the best one for you!

New Meal Plans

While students are being afforded the opportunity to select their living space, University Housing reserves the right to relocate and consolidate students when deemed necessary.

We recommend logging into your contract periodically, to check your roommate status.

If online room selection is open, the vacant bed is available for any other student selecting beds to assign themselves as your roommate. If space is available in your unit, it’s best to swap to a room that already has someone else assigned to it so you have an idea of who your roommate(s) may be. You’re able to view other available spaces and roommate information before reserving a room if you choose to swap rooms (for students that meet the priority date).

If online room selection is closed, then you’ll either be moved to another bed in that hall that already has a student assigned or a student will be assigned to the open bed in your room. For information on the consolidation policy after move-in read the University Housing policy booklet.

Contacting University Housing 

The University Housing office is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. We are located at 530 N. 17th Street. Call us at (402) 472-3561 or (800) 742-8800. Email:

Correspondence can be mailed to:
University Housing
PO Box 880622
Lincoln, NE 68588-0622

When contacting us please be sure to indicate:

  1. a subject
  2. your name
  3. your NUID#

University Housing responds to all e-mail messages within 48 business hours. If you do not receive a response, the e-mail has not been received by our office.