BE AN RA!
The 2023-24 application is now closed.
Psychology & Management
My RA made my first year so easy. I felt cared for and welcomed. I became an RA to have that same impact for those who felt like me coming into college.
What is a Resident Assistant?
Resident Assistants (RA) are live-in, part-time student staff. Under the supervision of a Resident Director, RAs are responsible for the administration and implementation of the Nebraska Residence Life in a residential community.
- Foster and develop community among residents.
- Establish an atmosphere conducive to study and provide academic assistance to residents.
- Counsel residents regarding problems or concerns and provide resource and referral information.
- Maximize positive resident interaction and their interaction with the campus community.
- Promote, develop, and implement programs to meet departmental goals.
- Know and enforce on-campus housing and university policy and document any student concerns.
- Help to maintain the safety and general well-being of residents.
- Provide “duty coverage” for the on-campus housing community on a rotation basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
The functions of all RAs are the same; however the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the specific community assignment.
Questions?Carrie Fitzwater | she/her/hers
Abel, Sandoz, Selleck & Kauffman
402-472-1013 | email@example.com