2022-2023 Fall/Spring Application Available Now Until October 4, 2021
Thank you for your interest in the academic year 2022-2023 RA position. We hope you will take the next steps to apply. The application for summer 2022 will be posted in February 2022.
What is a Resident Assistant?
Resident Assistants (RA) are live-in, part-time student staff. Under the supervision of a Resident Director, RAs are responsible for the administration and implementation of the Nebraska Residential Experience in a residential community.
- Foster and develop community among residents.
- Establish an atmosphere conducive to study and provide academic assistance to residents.
- Counsel residents regarding problems or concerns and provide resource and referral information.
- Maximize positive resident interaction and their interaction with the campus community.
- Promote, develop, and implement programs to meet departmental goals.
- Know and enforce on-campus housing and university policy and document any student concerns.
- Help to maintain the safety and general well-being of residents.
- Provide “duty coverage” for the on-campus housing community on a rotation basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
The functions of all RAs are the same; however the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the specific community assignment.