Family Housing

family housing panorama

The University of Nebraska is dedicated to providing its students with the facilities they need for their education. We realize that the traditional residence halls do not suit the needs of all students. For those students that are married or have children, the university provides an alternative.

University Housing offers student family housing to those who are eligible. These units include a variety of apartment configurations with easy access to both City and East Campus.

Apply Online

If you are interested in applying for family housing, please fill out an online application.


Legally married couple* residing together, with or without dependent children, one of whom is a full-time student at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln; or, a single custodial parent who is a full-time student at the university, residing with dependent children.

Undergraduates must be enrolled for 12 credit hours during each regular academic semester. No hours are required during the summer months if the tenant is pre-registered for a full academic load for the fall semester.

Graduate students enrolled for fewer than 9 hours must submit a letter from their department chairperson indicating that they are considered a full-time student in that department. This letter need not be submitted until an apartment is offered and accepted by the student.

*A copy of a marriage document that is recognized by the State of Nebraska as legally binding will be required at the time the lease agreement is signed.


For additional information about Family Housing at Nebraska contact:

Family Housing
530 N. 17th Street
Lincoln, NE
(402) 472-3753
Email Cindy Agee

Additional Resources

Online Application
Family Housing Guidebook