A desk assistant provides information, support and services to residents. These functions are varied and extensive. Some responsibilities include:
- Being a resource person about the department and the University
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Managing cash funds appropriately
- Communicating with students, parents and University staff
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter, dependable, creative and able to multi-task
- Availability to train/work before and after hall opening and vacation periods
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to schedule working hours daily between 8am and Midnight
- Experience in a customer service or office setting is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the University environment and resources
- Awareness of residence hall policies and procedures
Who To Contact:
Selleck or Neihardt Desk
University Suites Desk
Job DetailsEmployment Period: Semester, year, summer
Starting Wage: $9.00/hr.
Web application available? Yes - http://unl.erezlife.com
Date of notification: On-going. Desk assistants are generally hired during the spring for the following academic year. Openings are based on need in each complex.
Hiring process: Application and interview
- A one year commitment (possibly including summer) is appreciated to facilitate adequate job continuity.
- Full-time work may be available in the summer (in Selleck and The Courtyards).