Housing & Dining Holiday Closedown
Housing and Dining offices are closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2, opening Jan. 3, 8 a.m. Staff will respond to emails by Jan. 5, 5 p.m. Current residents: contact your complex hall desk. Emergencies: 402-472-2222, non-emergency 402-472-2711.
View information about Winter Break, Dining and Contracts on our web page.
Welcome, Huskers! We’re happy you’re making your Husker Home right here on campus.
2024-25 Waitlist for Returning Students
The housing application for the 2024-25 academic year, which became available on November 1, received an extraordinary response from students eager to reside on campus, resulting in all available spaces being filled within a few days.
We understand that this might be causing frustration and concern among students and families who were eager to secure on-campus housing. Good news - we do anticipate openings.
To get on the waitlist - From your Huskers email, please email University Housing with the following information:
- Your name and NUID.
- The room style/residence hall(s) you would prefer.
- The names of your requested roommates.
Each requested roommate would need to be copied on the email by adding each of their Husker emails to the “Cc” bar of the email. This way we know the request is mutual.
Application Process for Returning, Graduate and New Transfer Students
|Nov. 1, 2023||The housing application opened in the housing portal in MyRed.|
|July 1, 2024||The online room selection process closes.|
|July 2 and beyond||Applications received after July 1 will be manually assigned a room space and roommates.|
|July 15, 2024||Last day to cancel your contract with no penalties.|
Housing Application Submission Instructions
- Start your application in the housing portal.
- Click "24-25 Returning Student Application" on the red navigation bar.
- You should see "2024-25 Academic Year." Click “Apply.”
- Complete each page and click “Save & Continue.”
- Submit the $100 nonrefundable application fee and finish applying at the signature page.
- Congratulations! You've completed your Husker Home housing application.