Contract Cancellation Information
Students choosing to cancel their contract will need to provide a 30-day notice for cancellation via MyRed (instructions below)*.
Students will be charged for 30 days after the completion date of the online cancellation process or the date they have turned in their room and mailbox keys (whichever is later). Cancellations received on and after July 15 will accrue daily
charges since we now require a 30-day cancel notice.
* Any nonrefundable contract process fee submitted (or deferred to their student account) with a contract won’t be refunded if a student cancels their contract. If a student signed the deferment page of the contract they’re
still be responsible for paying the $100 nonrefundable contract processing fee after contract cancellation.
- We cannot take cancellations over the phone.
- In order to cancel your housing contract, follow the steps below.
- Withdrawing or suspension from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln will not automatically cancel your contract.
- It is not possible for another university department to cancel your contract.
- If you’ll be attending the university and aren’t 19 years of age prior to the first day of fall classes, you must have an approved exemption to reside off campus to cancel the contract.
- If you complete online cancellation form and stay longer than the 30 days, you will be charged when you turn in your keys and complete your check out at the hall.
- If you complete the online cancellation process and stay less than the 30 days, you will be charged for room/board for the entire 30 days from when you completed the form.
- If you didn’t complete the online cancellation form prior to checking out of your room, you will be charged for 30 days of room/board starting the day you check out.
- Log into MyRed.
- Under "Important Links," click the blue "Housing" button.
- Click "Apply for Housing" in the red navigation bar.
- Click "Continue" next to the contract you are wanting to cancel.
- On the "Housing Application Info" page, select "I want to cancel my housing contract" and click “Save & Continue.”
- Follow all necessary prompts until you reach the "Contract Cancellation Complete" page.