- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize materials and supplies, and to operate basic office equipment, including faxing, copying, laminating, and die cutting.
- Thorough knowledge and application of computers, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Be a self-starter, dependable, creative and able to multi-task.
- A basic understanding of desk procedures and the mail system.
- Willingness to work with a variety of customers, both students, university personnel and the general public.
- Availability to work before and after hall opening and vacation periods.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to schedule working hours Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm.
- Experience in a customer service or office setting is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the university environment and resources.
- Awareness of residence hall policies and procedures.
Additional Notes about the Position
- A one year commitment (possibly including summer) is appreciated to facilitate adequate job continuity.
- During the academic year, OAs primarily work between 8am and 5pm.
- Full-time work may be available in the summer.
Employment Period: semester/year
Starting Wage: $9.00
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going. OAs are generally hired during the spring for the following academic year. Openings are based on need in each complex.
Hiring process: Application and interview
Who To Contact:
Selleck or Neihardt Desk
Knoll/Eastside Suites/University Suites
University Suites desk