A Dining Service Student Manager is responsible coordinating and supervision the entire operation, while actively participating in providing information, quality food, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to our residents. These functions are varied and extensive. Some responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for training and direction of student employees in the absence of a professional staff member or team leader.
- Required to be available for the opening and closing down of all areas during the week and on the weekends when we are without a professional staff member or team leader.
- Responsible for the entire operation on the weekends and other times when we are without a professional staff member or team leader.
- Communicates areas of concern about personnel, scheduling, equipment maintenance, and product needs to the professional management staff.
- Acts as a public relations liaison with our customers.
- Supports positive staff relationships with all departments in Housing and the residence hall complex.
- Required to have a Level III Food Handler's permit and CORE training within 30 days of employment that is obtained by online training and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who To Contact:Who To Contact:
Selleck Dining Office
Abel-Sandoz Dining Office
HSS Dining Office
Cather Dining Office
Nebraska East Union Cafe and Corner Deli
East Union Dining Office
Job DetailsEmployment Period: semester/year, summer, etc.
Starting Wage: $10.00
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going
Hiring process: Application and interview
Additional notes about the position:
- Schedules vary during the academic year and the summer, your schedule could be to work as early as 6 am to as late as 1 am.
- Full-time work may be available during the summer.
- Ability to schedule working hours Monday - Sunday between 6 am-1 am.
- All training is provided.
- Two weeks notice is required when resigning your position.
- If you are unable to work your shift, you are responsible for finding a substitute.
- You are expected to work through the final exam period.