- Extra-long twin bed and extra-long mattress
- Desk and chair
- Refrigerator/freezer combination (except Love Memorial)
- Mirrored medicine cabinets or personal mirrors
- Roll shades or blinds/curtains
- Wastebasket and recycle bin
- Wired and wireless high-speed internet connectivity
Contact Your Roommate
When you have your roommate's contact information, give them a call. Take some time to get to know one another. Discuss what you'll be bringing and which of those things you might share (to prevent duplication and waste of space).
Discuss with your roommate before purchasing
- Television, DVD player and/or sound system
- Video game console
- Futon/small couch
- Room decorations
- Microwave (750 watt maximum) if you are assigned to Abel, Harper, Sandoz, Selleck, Schramm, Smith or Neihardt (halls that provide microwaves include Courtyards, Eastside Suites, Husker, Knoll, University Suites, East Campus Residence Hall and Village)
Every hall has laundry facilities. All machines run on a credit/debit card system called WaveRider. A wash is $2.25 and drying is free. No coins are accepted.
Packing ChecklistPacking Checklist PDF
We recommend no more than two (2) vehicle-loads of personal belongings – students who pack more than this often send most of it home. Experience shows that students often go home for the Labor Day weekend – what a great time to pick up a few extra items.