Parking Information During Move-In
All students moving into residence halls must sign up for an unloading/parking time slot in beginning August 1 (except Husker and Love Memorial). If you want to avoid the rush, don’t sign up to arrive first thing in the morning.
- During move-in weekend, certain parking lots will be designated as unloading zones only.
- After unloading, Parking Services will direct you to a nearby parking area.
- Parking maps for each hall will be available on this website in August. Lots will return to their normal designation on Sunday evening before classes start.
- No parking signup time is required if moving in after 9 p.m.
Significant Traffic Pattern Changes on City Campus
By the time students and parents arrive for move-in, significant permanent traffic pattern changes will have been implemented on 16th and 17th Streets.
- 16th Street will be a two-way street.
- During move-in on August 17 and 18, traffic lanes will shift to allow two lanes of parking in front of Neihardt Residential Center (east side of 16th Street).
- 16th Street near Harper/Schramm/Smith is under construction.
- Alternate route to access HSS parking lot will be via Salt Creek and 14th Street.
- 17th Street will be closed to through traffic.
- Abel/Sandoz will still have access to the circle drive on 17th Street.