Your Living Space
- Residence Director apartments are fully furnished with living room, dining room and bedroom furniture. Washers and dryers and kitchen appliances are also provided.
University provided furniture and appliances must remain in the apartment, and are not able to be removed or placed in storage. Some apartments have private, outside entrances.
- Our in-house Facilities Operations department provides maintenance service for the Residence Director apartments.
- All Residence Director apartments have both wired and wireless internet service.
- The apartments are equipped with free full basic cable.
- You are allowed to have non-dangerous fish which live completely under water as pets.
- Aquariums may be no larger than 25 gallons. No other pets are allowed.
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a dry campus, therefore alcohol is not allowed in any campus building including the Residence Director apartments.
- You receive a 7-day unlimited meal plan while you are on contract. Your meal plan is valid at any Housing dining center on campus when dining centers are open. Your spouse and dependents will also receive a 7-day unlimited meal plan while you are on contract with the department.
- While on duty you must be within 15 minutes of campus. Residence Directors receive a cell phone stipend since they will use their phones to respond to and other duty related calls.
- Residence Directors will help share in the duty coverage for campus during either Thanksgiving or Winter.
- As a state employee, you will need to register your car in Nebraska and get a Nebraska driver's license within 30 days of moving to the state.
- As a University employee, Residence Directors receive a discount at the University Bookstore, the privately-owned Nebraska Bookstore, Verizon wireless services, and a free city bus pass.
Office and Professional Development
- Your office phone line is equipped with voicemail and caller ID.
- Your office is not connected to your apartment. Your office is equipped with a computer and internet access. Professional development funding is available for needed computer training.
- You are provided professional development opportunities which could include attending conferences, training institutes, purchase of books, etc. These are approved by your supervisor and the Associate Director of Residence Life.
- Full-time employees, their spouse, and or dependent children are entitled to 15 credits of tuition remission a year. Tuition remission for spouse and dependent children are for undergraduate credit hours only.
- The cost of your reserved parking stall is partially subsidized by the Residence Life department.
- The University of Nebraska system offers TIAA-CREF and Fidelity retirement programs to those employees who are eligible. Health benefits include vision, dental, life insurance, health care reimbursement account and long-term care insurance options.