The duties for this position will vary by the guest and clients needs as well as the building occupancy. Basic duties include:
- To assist in cleaning and maintaining facilities at University Housing's residence halls.
- Cleaning and attending restrooms in living areas and public lobbies including: disinfecting toilets and urinals, cleaning sinks, showers, stalls, partitions, mirrors, floors, walls, and water fountains. Removing trash, replacing liners, stocking toilet paper, hand towels, and soap.
- Cleaning public areas. Removing trash, vacuum carpets. Dusting, polishing fumiture, and fixtures. Cleaning windows, and drapes. Sweeping, mopping, and burnishing floors. Cleaning steps inside and outside of buildings. USing ladders to dust fixtures and change light bulbs. Cleaning in areas such as laundries and dining halls. Wiping, cleaning, and disinfecting equipment and surfaces.
- These duties are typical of the position; however they are not inclusive of all things that may be assigned. This description does not limit the scope of the position.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired to perform the duties of the position.
- Considerable lifting, bending, climbing, and walking are required to successfully do this job.
- There are rules and age limits on the use of power tools (OSHA) and driving University vehicles. For driving, a valid driver's license is required.
Starting Wage: $9.75
Web application available? No
Date of Notification: On-going
Who To Contact:
Interim Assistant Manager
Massengale Residential Center basement
Univ. Suites Facilities office – basement
Harper Dining Center basement