A Dining Service Student Employee provides information, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to students, staff, faculty and guests. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a public relations liaison with customers.
- Communicates customer concerns, needs and equipment malfunctions to management staff.
- Prepares food and beverages.
- Restocks food and beverage items.
- Works in all areas of the dining center.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Works independently and with other staff.
- Responsible for opening and closing assigned servery/work area(s).
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Manages customer cash/NCard transactions on a POS system.
- Responsible for reconciling daily deposits.
- Required to obtain a Level II Food Handler’s Permit within 30 days of employment.
- Required to complete CORE training within 30 days of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who To Contact:
Selleck Dining Office
Abel/Sandoz Dining Office
HSS Dining Office
Nebraska East Union Cafe & Corner Deli
East Union Dining Office
Cather Dining Office
Job DetailsEmployment Period: semester/year, summer, etc.
Starting Wage: $9.00
Weekends: Students working the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) will receive an additional $1.00/hour.
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going
Hiring process: Application and interview
Additional notes about the position:
- Schedules vary during the academic year and the summer, your schedule could be to work as early as 6 am to as late as 1 am, Monday-Sunday.