Information Station Policies
The Department of Residence Life believes in keeping students informed about upcoming campus and community events and activities. As in past years, we will publish weekly issues of the Information Station to consolidate the amount of postings occurring each week in the residence halls. This has been a successful method to inform students about campus and community happenings while maintaining State Fire Marshal expectations regarding postings and fliers.
To utilize the Information Station, departments/offices/student organizations/businesses will submit information intended for communication to residents through the following email address: email@example.com.
- All submissions will be considered for publication, but are not automatically approved. Residence Life Staff will take the information submitted and include it in one eyecatching, large poster that is posted weekly in a consistent, prominent location on each floor. These posters serve as the information source for students on every residence hall floor.
- Graphics are permitted, but will not necessarily be used. Space permitting, they will be used on a first-come, first-served basis. Graphics submitted should be in jpg format. Questions concerning the use of graphics in the Information Station should be directed to 402-472-3885.
- Posting information will appear in the weekly publication during the appropriate time. As the year progresses, students realize that any information they need to know will be posted in the Information Station on a weekly basis.
- Exceptions are made for university offices/departments that have an established process of publishing a semester and/or yearly calendar of events.
WE WILL POST: Campus events and activities; community events and activities; athletic
events; upcoming important dates to remember; student organization information; academic deadlines and activities; on-campus student job announcements; and, space permitting, off-campus job announcements.
WE WILL NOT POST: Sales or promotional information for companies or businesses (including sales profiting individual students, i.e. Mary Kay, Avon, credit-card sign up, etc.) or sales information of a personal nature (i.e. bikes for sale, apartments for rent, etc.). We provide a designated location for posting that type of information on the first floor public bulletin board in each hall.
The Department of Residence Life reserves the right to edit or delete information depending upon available printing space. If too much information is submitted for a given one-week period, it may be necessary for Residence Life to prioritize the information that will be included for publication.
- Events or activities not submitted by the designated deadline for publication will not be included.
- Graphics will be added only if space permits.
- University events will always take precedence over off-campus events when space is limited.
- Exemption requests to this policy should be made to the Residence Life Office at 402-472-3885.