Opening Weekend Checklist
Big Red Welcome Activities start Friday, August 17, 2012. Be sure to take part in these events!
Here are some things you should do before classes begin:
- Introduce yourself to your Community/Resident Assistant
- Get acquainted with your own building
- Get to know your roommate (this is a great time to complete your Roommate Agreement)
- Get acquainted with your floor mates
- Pick up or buy your text books
- Make sure you go to your first floor meeting.
- Fill out your In/Out with your Resident Assistant
- Tour campus, check out where your classes will be
- Don't miss ANY of the Big Red Welcome Events
- Participate in your floor and hall events
Get Involved in Your Residence Hall
You are ready to be involved! Hall Government Elections will be held at the beginning of semester. See your Resident Assistant or Residence Director to learn about opportunities to get involved in your hall/complex.
The Residence Hall Association is the over-arching residence hall government with a budget of almost $40,000 annually. They put on awesome programs and events for residence hall students! Residence Hall Association Meetings will be on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Nebraska Union. Meetings will begin on September 4, 2012.
Find a Student Organization and Get Involved
Student Organizations are a vital part of the out-of-class experience at UNL. Student Involvement supports the work of over 500 student organizations that cover a wide range of topics. Find out how to get involved at various Big Red Welcome Events or stop by the Student Involvement Office located on the 2nd floor of the City Campus Union.