Sign Up For Unloading/Parking
- All students moving into residence halls must sign up for an unloading/parking time slot (except residents of Love Memorial and Husker Halls).
- Sign-up begins Tuesday, August 1 at 8 a.m. at MyRed>Access Housing Portal>Forms and is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
- If you want to avoid the rush, don't sign up to arrive first thing in the morning.
- At the completion of unloading sign-up, you can print off an unloading pass OR you will receive an unloading pass at your hall check-in.
- No parking signup time is required if moving in after 4 p.m.
SIGNIFICANT TRAFFIC PATTERN CHANGES ON CITY CAMPUS
By the time students and parents arrive for move-in, significant permanent traffic pattern changes will have been implemented on 16th and 17th Streets.
- 16th Street will be a two-way street.
- During move-in on August 17 and 18, traffic lanes will shift to allow two lanes of parking in front of Neihardt Residential Center (east side of 16th Street).
- 16th Street near Harper/Schramm/Smith is under construction.
- Alternate route to access HSS parking lot will be via Salt Creek and 14th Street.
- 17th Street may be closed to through traffic. Check this website for updates.
- Abel/Sandoz will still have access to the circle drive on 17th Street.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR CAMPUS
Download and review the move-in maps, even if you are familiar with campus. Maps are available in the Guidebook app. No more than two (2) vehicles per family are allowed on move-in day.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS
University Housing student Welcome Team members and Parking Services staff will be available to direct you to unloading zones and answer questions.
- DO NOT pull into a handicapped space, onto a sidewalk or into the fire lane.
- You will receive an unloading pass at your hall check-in that must be placed in a visible area on your dashboard while parked in a temporary unloading zone.
- PARKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN UNLOADING ZONES. In order to keep traffic moving and allow a smooth check-in for everyone, unload your vehicle promptly.
WHEN YOU ARE DONE UNLOADING
MOVE YOUR VEHICLE! Just as you hope to have a parking place near your building to unload, so do other families moving in after you.
Parking Services staff will direct you to a nearby parking area where you can leave your vehicle while you finish unpacking and get settled. Parking lots will return to their normal permit designation on Sunday evening before classes start.
Keep in mind that many students will be unloading and moving in at the same time. We appreciate your patience!
ACADEMIC YEAR PARKING PERMITS
Parking permits will be mailed to students or can be picked up at the Parking Services Office when you arrive on campus. Call (402) 472-1800 for more information.
EARLY CHECK-IN REQUEST
The Early Check-in Request Form will be available at MyRed>Access Housing Portal>Forms starting Friday, July 14 for submission and forms submitted in July receive priority review by housing staff. Requests received in August may result in late review.