Love Memorial Cooperative Residence Hall is an all-female, all class years residence hall located on East Campus. LMH is a self-governed cooperative advised by trained UNL Housing staff.
As a cooperative, residents contribute 4-6 hours of household tasks per week, a savings of $3200 per year compared to other University Housing options. In addition to the financial benefit, residents form a close-knit community where teamwork and personal development beyond the classroom is valued.
Leadership. Learning. Love.
Contact Residence Director Steven Jara for more information or to set up a tour.
- All female residents, all class years, any major
- Residents participate in cooking and cleaning on rotation, approximately 4-6 hours per week.
- Supportive academic and social environment
- Bi-weekly meetings keep residents up-to-date on hall and campus activities
- Safe living environment with 24-hour secure entrances
- Beautiful living room with baby grand piano
- Five working kitchens and three lounges (one on each floor)
- Personal towel racks and cupboard/drawer space in each bathroom
- Washer and dryers (two sets), coin operated
- Computer lab with three computers, one printer and one scanner
- Close permit and metered parking
- Located near bus stop (with direct ride to city campus)
- Capacity of 42 residents
- 21 non-smoking double room, furnished with two beds, two desks with chairs, two dressers and one closet; many with built-in lofts
- Mattress size: 36" x 80"
- Heat and A/C controls, Internet and phone lines in each room