A Dining Service Retail Student Employee provides information, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to students, staff, faculty and guests. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manages customer cash, N-Card, check and credit card transactions on a POS system.
- Responsible for reconciling daily deposits.
- Prepares food and beverages.
- Checks in items ordered and signs invoices.
- Acts as a public relations liaison with customers.
- Communicates customer concerns, needs and equipment malfunctions to management staff.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Works independently and with other staff.
- Assists counting monthly inventory.
- Responsible to open and close retail locations.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Required to complete Retail Cash Handling training.
- Required to obtain a Level II Food Handler’s Permit within 30 days of employment.
- Required to complete CORE training within 30 days of employment.
- Required to complete and pass a criminal background check.
Employment Period: semester/year, summer, etc.
Starting Wage: $9.00
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going
Hiring process: Application and interview
Who To Contact:Clarice Martin
Retail Operations Manager
Selleck Room 9028
Dining Services Retail Operations
Abel C-Store: Located on the first floor Abel Residence Hall. Abel C-Store is a convenience store offering a wide variety of convenience items and snacks. The C-Store is open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 1 am and Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 1 am.
Knoll C-Store: Located on the first floor Koll Residence Hall. The Knoll C-Store offers convenience items, snacks and a limited grocery selection. The Knoll C-Store is open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 1 am and Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 1 am.
Selleck Express: Located in the basement of Selleck Dining Hall. Selleck Express is a convenience store. It offers a wide variety of convenience items as well as international food selections. Selleck Express is open seven days a week, 8 pm to 1 am.
The Village Market: Located in Village apartments across from the clubhouse. Village Market is a convenience store that offers a wide variety of convenience items as well as grocery selections for apartment housing. The Village Market is open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 1 am and Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 1 am.
Production Center: Located in Selleck Express in the basement of Selleck Dining Hall and is where sandwiches and salads are made and distributed to all of the retail locations. Work hours, Monday - Friday/mornings.