I would like to change my meal plan.
To change your meal plan, email Housing at: email@example.com.
What is the first meal served in my residence hall dining service?
A great breakfast on Monday morning, the first day of classes.
The unlimited access meal plan sounds great but what if I will still miss a meal because of work, class or an extra activity?
Sack lunches/dinners and even sack breakfasts are definitely a solution to your situation! Just stop by the Dining Services management office in your residence hall to discuss your schedule with one of the management staff who will arrange the sack meal for you to pick up.
What if I want to talk with Dining Services staff concerning my menu ideas?
There is a University Dining Services Menu Committee that encourages student participation and input duiring its regularly scheduled meetings. If you cannot attend the meeting, share your ideas with one of the management staff members who will present your suggestions at the meeting. In addition, all Dining Services have comment cards for your ideas and questions.
What if I have special dietary needs?
Please inform your RA and the Dining Services manager of your hall. They will provide you with details about the best way to meet your health needs.
How can I find out what the weekly menu is in my residence hall?
Menus are also posted at housing.unl.edu/dining.
What if I am not feeling well and can't come to my dining service for meal(s)?
Check with your RA or Wellness Advocate to make arrangements for someone to select a meal for you.
Can guests join me for any of the meals?
Guests are welcome at any of the residence hall dining services. A great idea is to bring your parents for a meal during a visit. There is a charge for guest meals which can be paid with cash or Ncard.
How can I become more involved in University Dining Services' activities?
A great way is to become a member in the University Dining Services' gNc (good Nutrition counts) Committee. Help plan and present nutrition programs and develop educational materials for residence hall students.
Does University Dining Service accept comments on the food from students?
Absolutely, comment cards are available at each of the dining services. We encourage students to share their ideas so a member of the management staff can obtain additional information if needed. You can also make comments "in person".
When would there be a 'block' when using my NCard in the Dining Services?
There are different situations with the unlimited access meal plans that cause a 'block' to occur - the situations are as follows:
- If you have eaten at any of the residence hall Dining Services during the dining service's lunch period of time and you try to eat at the Nebraska Training Table, you will be blocked. Also, if you have eaten at the Nebraska Training Table during their lunch period of time (10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.), and then try to eat at any of the residence hall dining services during their lunch period of time, you will be blocked.
- If you have eaten at any of the residence hall dining services during the dining service's lunch period of time and you try to eat lunch at the East Campus Corner Deli, you will be blocked. Also, if you have eaten at the East Campus Corner Deli during their lunch period of time (1:00 - 2:30 p.m.), and then try to eat at any of the residence hall dining services during their lunch period, you will be blocked.
- If you have eaten at any of the residence hall dining services during the lunch period of time and you try to eat at Husker Hoagies, you will be blocked. Also, if you have eaten at Husker Hoagies during their lunch period of time (10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.), and then try to eat at any of the residence hall dining services during lunch, you will be blocked.
- If you take a sack meal for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner - you will be blocked from any of the residence hall dining services for the meal period that you received the sack meal.
- If you attend a special meal (Monday - Friday) at any of the residence hall dining services for which your NCard number has been entered in the ID system, you will be blocked from going to a Residence Hall Dining Service during that meal period.
How do I 'like' University Dining Service on Facebook or follow on Twitter?
The Facebook address is www.facebook.com/UNLDining and the Twitter address is www.twitter.com/UNLDining.
Can I check daily menus with my mobile phone?
Yes. If you have an Android phone, you can search "What's for Lunch?" by Atonality Mobile in the Android market. Or, access the Housing website (housing.unl.edu) through your phone's web browser.