Billing Plans

Advance Payment

A $400 advance payment must be paid with all Housing contracts. This advance payment is applied to the student's final housing charges as indicated on the UNL Housing Billing Plans.

Fall contracts: A $200 advance payment is due with the contract. The remaining $200 payment is due before May 1 (or pay full $400 when submitting contract.) After May 1 the entire $400 must be submitted with your contract. (Failure to pay the second installment does not cancel your contract.) Spring contracts: $400 is due with your contract.

Payment may be made:

  1. via MyRed with credit/debit cards, e-check or
  2. by personal check or money order
    Payments should be mailed to:

    University Housing
    University of Nebraska-Lincoln
    PO Box 880622
    Lincoln, NE 68588-0622

    • Make checks payable to "University of Nebraska-Lincoln"
    • Please write the student's NU ID number on all correspondence.
    • Do not send scholarship checks or include payment for other university charges.
    • Only Housing Advance Payments should be mailed to the Housing Office.
  3. with cash or travelers check (must be signed in person to be valid)
    • Cash payments should be paid at Housing Contracts, 1115 No. 16th Street, Lincoln, NE, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
    • Do not send cash through the mail.

Learning Community Participants
The $95 due for the UNL Learning Community is not part of the UNL Housing advance payment. The charge to participate in the community will appear on your August 25 bill and be due September 12.

Billing Plans

We offer two billing plans for the traditional and apartment-style contracts:

1) Pay Plan 1 (semester plan and the best choice if you are receiving a substantial amount of financial aid)
2) Pay Plan 2 (installment plan)

These Housing contracts require Adobe Acrobat Reader, if you don't already have it, please download and install the free Acrobat 6.0 Reader from Adobe and follow the instructions. (The contract may not open properly with older versions of the Acrobat Reader.)

If you are unable to open by clicking on the link, and your PDF viewer is enabled, right click and either open in new window, or download the document.

We have made reasonable attempts to ensure the information in this publication is accurate at the time it is published. If however, an error has been made, we reserve the right to deviate from the published material.

Also, because the Division of University Housing tries to respond quickly to your concerns and facilitate the best possible housing and dining program, we further reserve the right to make changes in how Housing and Dining Services operate compared to what is stated in this publication. We will try to give advance notice, but we reserve the right to make changes without advance notice.

We will notify you as quickly as possible if we find an error or make a change that we believe will have a significant impact on the choices you indicated on your room and board contract.

Centralized Billing

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a centralized billing system. You can access your bill via your MyRed account. Any charges incurred for tuition and fees, University Housing, long distance telephone services, NCard purchases, service charges from the University Health Center, Campus Recreation, University Libraries, Hewit Dining Center, and Parking Services will appear on one statement. After your advance payment has been sent to University Housing, your remaining payments will be made to the Bursar's Office.

Do not send cash through the mail. For further information on receipt of your payments (excluding advance payment), please contact the Bursar's Office at (402) 472-1734.

Payments made for University Housing are transferable to other charges on the centralized bill. Unpaid bills are subject to late fees.

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will credit all awards to your UNL Student Account to be applied against your tuition, fees, housing, and other institutional charges you have incurred. For further information on disbursement of refunds, please notify the Office of Student Accounts:

Office of Student Accounts
124 Canfield Administration Building
PO Box 880413
Lincoln, NE 68588-0413

or contact Student Accounts at (402) 472-2887.